Chocolaty Dessert Taco Bar
Just when we thought the word taco couldn’t make us any happier, these chocolaty dessert tacos came along. The homemade chocolate shell is filled with smooth dark chocolate mousse and topped with fresh whipped cream and berries. If you didn’t catch all that, let us summarize: It’s your new favorite party trick.
2 large egg whites
½ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
EASY DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
⅔ cup chopped DOVE® Dark Chocolate PROMISES®
1 cup heavy cream
1½ cups heavy cream
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups mixed berries
15 DOVE® Milk Chocolate PROMISES®, unwrapped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray.
2. MAKE THE COOKIE SHELLS: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar together. Whisk in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the butter and vanilla; mix until smooth.
3. Scoop mounds of batter (about 2 tablespoons each) onto the baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between them. Spread each mound into an even circle about ⅛-inch thick.
4. Bake the cookies until they are browned around the edge and appear set on the surface, 7 to 9 minutes.
5. Working quickly, use a small offset spatula to release each cookie from the parchment paper and gently drape it over a rolling pin so it hardens in the shape of a taco shell. If the cookies become too firm to bend, pop them back into the oven until they’re pliable again, about 1 minute.
6. MAKE THE DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE: In a medium-size heat-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each interval, until fully melted. Let cool to room temperature. (Don’t refrigerate—just cool until it no longer feels warm to the touch.)
7. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat the cream to medium peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM: In the bowl of the electric mixer, whip the cream and confectioners’ sugar to medium peaks. Mix in the vanilla extract.
9. ASSEMBLE THE TACOS: To build a taco, spoon about 2 tablespoons chocolate mousse into the shell. Top with berries, 2 tablespoons whipped cream and a DOVE® Milk Chocolate PROMISES® candy.
Easy Dark Chocolate Mousse